Summary of IOCB Tech activities in 2021
August 8, 2022
IOCB Tech (TECH) is a leading tech transfer company focused on the translation of scientific and research findings to practice. The primary concentration is on medicinal chemistry, materials science and diagnostics, but also other fields. Its main objective is to connect science and business so that the results of scientific research can be accessed for human use. Fully owned by the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IOCB), the company is one of the most successful of its kind in the Czech Republic.
IOCB established IOCB Tech in 2009 to manage IOCB’s intellectual property, to ensure the optimal use of intellectual property, and to secure the translation of IOCB’s intellectual property from basic to applied research.
MANAGER´S SUMMARY OF 2021 RESULTS
- Number of Czech invention applications: 5
- Number of international invention applications: 10
- 10 PCT applications were entered in the international phase
- 52 invention applications were entered in national or regional phases
- 3 Czech, 23 foreign and 4 international (EP) patents were granted
- In 2021, IOCB entered into 5 new licence agreements/cooperation and option agreements with foreign partners
- One new licence agreement was signed with a Czech partner
- Contract amendment extensions were signed for 3 licence agreements with foreign partners
- TECH played an active role in developing 19 projects within IOCB
We also prepared:
- 24 confidentiality agreements
- 40 material transfer agreements
- 5 collaboration agreements
- 17 service agreements
- 8 consultancy agreements
- 4 interinstitutional agreements
and a total of 12 projects or institutions were supported by donation contracts.